how to use hydrosol/toner
TECHNIQUE #1 MISTING
- Wash your face. Using warm water and a facial cleanser, remove any makeup, dirt, and oil. Do not apply moisturizer.
- Simply spray several times over clean skin.
- Apply moisturizer and makeup (optional). Applying a facial mist just before your moisturizer helps your skin keep the hydration locked in.
- You may keep the bottle in the fridge, it will be even more refreshing especially during hot summer months.
- Spray on a little mist any time during the day to feel fresh and rejuvenated. Hydrosols are gentle enough for frequent usage.
TECHNIQUE #2 TONING
- Wash face.
- Apply onto cotton pad
- Lightly and slowly in an upward motion wipe your face with the cotton pad.
- Avoid the eye area and be careful not to get product on your lips.
- Pay extra attention to difficult-to-reach areas such as the brows, sides of the nose, near the ears, and hairline.
- The toner will help remove anything your face cleanser might have left behind.
- Moistening your makeup sponge or brush slightly with the spray before applying foundation will help it blend into your skin better.
- Use anytime your skin is feeling dry or tired.
- Hydrosols make excellent makeup removers.
- Try adding a few tablespoons of a hydrosol to clay or oatmeal for a truly decadent homemade face mask.
- Also works as a setting mist so you can apply a light spray over your makeup. Spray before applying a face oil, it will help the skin absorb the oils.